Neuromodulation technologies are becoming more personalized to individual patients. New developments in spinal cord stimulation technology and indications and brain-machine interfaces are leading the way for gathering data from individuals with more precision and higher resolution. In addition, advances in focused ultrasound offer promising indications beyond the treatment of movement disorders. Such developments can lend better control, efficacy, and flexibility in neuromodulation.
CME Credits: 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the newest innovations underlying waveform technology and open/closed-loop systems in spinal cord stimulation.
- Discuss how focused ultrasound has the potential to transform the treatment of medical disorders beyond tremors.
- Discuss how brain-machine interfaces serve as an integral part of a closed-loop system for neuromodulation.
Damian S. Shin, MSc, PhD
Science of SCS: What’s the Latest
Krishnan V. Chakravarthy, MD PhD
Can Focused Ultrasound Change the Playing Field in Pain?
Julie G. Pilitsis, MD, PhD
Focused Ultrasound and the BBB
Damian S. Shin, MSc PhD
Increased Longevity of Electrodes for BCI
Faculty and Presentations subject to change.
- ABS Thematic Abstract Sessions
- PL03 Plenary Session III - Patient Centered Neuromodulation
- PL04 Plenary Session IV - Broader Perspectives in Neuromodulation
- S02 Special Indications and Considerations for Neuromodulation
- S03 The Business of Neuromodulation: What You Need to Know - Session 1: Beyond the Conventional Management Styles